Friday, July 21, 2017

Christmas 2017 (7-21)


I am using some printed Christmas images left over from last year (QKR Stampede digi) combined with an sentiment from Stampin' Up.  I tried something different for coloring the image.  For me, water color and printer ink don't work well together, so I experimented.  I used a dry aqua brush and SU chalk to give a rustic look to the robe. For a slightly shabby look, I cut the panels with my dull blade - it roughs up the edges a bit.    I used a marker for the shepherd's crook and a shiny burgundy for the "rope" that holds his head dress in place.  (I am sure there must be a name for that rope....)
Embellishments:  plaid washi tape; black ribbon; silver  strip that was the negative from a sheet of stickers.  I used some glitter glue on these two strips.  More - burgundy jewels, acrylic star, Quickutz embossing folder.  These are all supplies I have had for a while - a couple of years at least.
Challenges:   
Sketch:   Stella Says Sketch
O is for Old (Christmas)  ABC Christmas Challenge
Christmas / Bingo (left column):    Catch the Bug
TicTacToe (left column):   Tuesday Throwdown
Christmas in July:  Deep Ocean 
                                  Aud Sentiments
                                  Frilly and Funkie
                                  Dragonfly Journeys
                                  Crafty Gals Corner
Holiday:                  Paper Shelter.

 Seeing Stars:            Simon Says Stamp Wednesday
Any:                          word Art Wednesday   
                                   Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge2
                                   Chalk n Stock.



























6 comments:

Jeannie said...

Hi Dorothy! Such a sweet card and you're coloring turned out great. Thanks so much for joining my Christmas in July blog challenge :)

Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Dorothy :-) the image is so very cute and I love the monochromatic look, so pretty :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Luv
Lols x x x

Adventures in Paperland said...

Love your card!Thanks for sharing it with us at ABC Christmas Challenge.
Lisa DT

sweet art designs said...

Love the texture and your colour pallet. Thank you for sharing with us at Craftyhazelnut’s Christmas Challenge Extra - Myrna DT. Also check out Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge - a weekly “themed” Christmas Challenge & Craftyhazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge - a monthly Patterned Paper Challenge

Suzanne C said...

Sweet holiday charm! I love the little shepard and his sheep. Beautiful card. Thank you for playing along with us at the Frilly and Funkie Christmas in July Challenge!

SewPaperPaint said...

What awesome stamps! I love the sentiment and soft coloring on the sweet shepherd. Gorgeous make and we are ever so thankful that you shared with us at Frilly and Funkie! Big hugs, Autumn