Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Tea Pot Party for Carol

I need advice before I put this in the mail.  Many of you have seen my previous entries in the TeaPot Tuesday challenges.  This week we will be sending cards to Carol  (Teapot-Tuesdays.).  She lost her husband to cancer, and now she is facing a recurrence of breast cancer.  She has really enjoyed square dancing.  I thought of this image, but am not sure it is appropriate.  I do not know Carol at all, so I don't know how she might react to this humorous depiction of a square dancer.  What do you think?
Because she has lost her husband, I used only half of this Art Impressions square dancing couple.
I fussy cut this image.  The chevron strips are Washi tape, and the flower like bits are parts of a Fiskars punch.  The blue strip is ribbon, and I used a Spellbinder oval die for backing.  I added a bit of chalk to edge the tape strips, and distressed the edges.  I think even the image adds to the vintage feel!
Sketch:   Sketch Saturday
Vintage:  Allsorts Challenge
Dies/Punch:  Crafty Catz
Laughing with you:   Art Impressions
Color (dk and lt blue; yellow. green):  Your Next Stamp

5 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Well done!

Karen Day said...

Dorothy, your card is a riot! I adore the square dancers stamp - and I think it plays up the fun aspect of square dancing attire! I'm sure Carol will get a chuckle out of it - thanks for joining us at Art Impressions :o)

hollybeary creations said...

Thanks for joining us at YNS.. This is fun.

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Sketch Saturday, good luck!!! Amy DT

Joanna M. said...

I love Art Impressions images and this one is a riot. I gotta say that I think it would be good to have something fun to laugh at. Sometimes when you have serious stuff on your mind, it's a relief to find humor. When my sister had her bout with cancer, ALL the cards I sent to her were funny. Great card Dorothy; thanks for sharing it with us over on Sketch Saturday.
~Jo